News
The current timeframe is SUMMER 2093!

The site is currently only open to current members. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Staff
Census
1st Years2
2nd Years3
3rd Years9
4th Years4
Others6
13Males
12Females

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Fuming, Tag: Leonie
Leonie Page
 Posted: Jun 16 2016, 11:05 AM
Ara is N/A

New Athens
Fifteen years old
Female
Second Year
240 posts

"Painting a chest eh?" Leonie crouched down and wrapped her arms around her knees. She obviously wasn't dumb enough to touch what was probably still a wet chest, but she did wan't to see the details her new pal was putting on it. "I'm kinda envious. I try to do a lot of things but drawing and painting and building and stuff are not my things. Even just painting is a lot better than me," she glanced at him and gave him a small smile. She liked it.

Leonie hopped back up mostly gracefully and adjusted her pink shirt. She turned to face him, inserting her hands into her pockets. She found the idea of painting up a chest neat, even if it wasn't the most exciting thing. "Need any help? Or just a break or anything?" Leonie felt like she should take the opportunity to hang out with Junsu, even if it was only for a short bit. She still rarely noticed him in school, so she had to take opportunities when she could, right?

--------------------
PM
^
Junsu Park
 Posted: Jun 19 2016, 01:52 AM
N/A is N/A

N/A
Seventeen years old
Male
Second Year
40 posts

Yes indeed,” Junsu replied when Leonie simply confirmed what Jun had told her. She got close and he let his eyes wander from what he was doing for a moment. She was inspecting it. It probably wasn’t… no, it was not impressive. Not “probably,’ it was just a fact. He couldn’t change that or anything, but it wasn’t the biggest deal either. He just felt weirdly self-conscious. It was strange having any sort of positive energy around and it was throwing him off.

Supposedly even just painting the chest was better than Leonie could do. “Um, are you sure?” He asked. Did that sound right. It probably sounded weird. Or rude? Assuming? “I just mean, I think you would do fine…” she asked if he needed a break, and that seemed like a good enough opportunity to voice what he was thinking. “Well… not exactly, but, if you wanted to try you could not that I’m trying to make you do my work. Sorry. Just, I don’t think you would do any worse than me. I just… move the sponge brush some, and spray things. Its your choice. It kind of came out wrong.

I’m getting more awkward with time. Is this how socializing is supposed to work? I know its not… ugh.
PM
^
Leonie Page
 Posted: Jun 20 2016, 07:05 PM
Ara is N/A

New Athens
Fifteen years old
Female
Second Year
240 posts

"Oh, well..." Leonie blushed when she was being told the project didn't even turn out right. "I mean, I thought it looked good...." She rubbed the back of her neck and shrugged. "But hey maybe if we take turns we can make it look like something you're proud of anyway?" she suggested, bending down to pick up a brush and some of the paints.

Leonie made sure she knew where everything was before she started brushing at the chest. She wasn't artistic enough to try anything major, but she knew she had a steady hand and wanted to spice things up a bit in the hope that her companion would like the job she did in the end.

"At the very least it's more fun to do stuff together with a friend." Leonie was comfortable enough she could call Jun a friend, though she had no idea if he actually counted her as one. He seemed slow to truly warm up to people. He was awkward even now. She didn't point it out; he would be more comfortable if it wasn't at the forefront of his mind, right? "Hm. What color do you think I should use next?"

--------------------
PM
^
Junsu Park
 Posted: Jun 21 2016, 01:16 AM
N/A is N/A

N/A
Seventeen years old
Male
Second Year
40 posts

I though ti looked good…

Well, it looked okay. It wasn’t a disaster or a masterpiece. Why did she seem to care so much? “But hey, maybe if we take turns we can make it look like something you’re proud of anyway?” The chances of Junsu being proud of anything where… a bit too depressing to bring up in this pleasant encounter.

It’s a goal. Sure,” he said when she came over to get the supplies. He hoped he was a master of saying something and nothing at the same time. It was so helpful when there was nothing exactly positive that would come out of his mouth and still be honest. He wasn’t a good actor, just good at illusions. Less was more, and tricking the mind or the eye came without over complicated things. It only gave you more chances to catch a mistake.

What color do you think I should use next?

Oh right. He had zoned out for a second. “Um, the green goes on those raised parts. So you can do that,” he suggested, gesturing to a section of paint he had mixed. It was a sort of muddy green, but it was still technically green. He had planned out the whole thing, but only in his mind.
PM
^
Leonie Page
 Posted: Jun 21 2016, 09:20 PM
Ara is N/A

New Athens
Fifteen years old
Female
Second Year
240 posts

"Green huh?" Leonie nodded to both Jun and herself and dipped her brush in the green that Junsu had brought with him. She stuck the tip of her tongue out of the side of her mouth subconsciously as she frowned in concentration. She wanted to do well on Junsu's project. She had misunderstood what Junsu had meant when he'd talked about not doing an amazing job and as a result was determined to make absolutely sure he was going to be confident when he turned the project into class.

She brushed for awhile and tried to be as consistent as she could with the brush. She was doing a halfway decent job, to be perfectly honest, but only because she was paying so much attention to detail. "I'm actually not the type who normally works too well with people on group projects." Leonie mentioned this because this felt like it was suddenly a group project, even if it wasn't meant to be. "But this seems like the sort of thing I might actually enjoy doing in a group. Maybe it's the fact that painting is entertaining enough that everyone would actually pitch in?" she chuckled to herself. She'd done most of the work on the last project she'd done in a class, though she'd been paired with a lazy student and it had been science - a subject she was quite adept at thanks to having a scientist for a father.

--------------------
PM
^
Junsu Park
 Posted: Jun 26 2016, 02:03 PM
N/A is N/A

N/A
Seventeen years old
Male
Second Year
40 posts

Feeling like the project was done well and feeling confident weren’t things that went hand in hand for Jun. At the most for him he would be lucky if he just felt comfortable. Very lucky. He’d read a book about a little boy who was raised by ghosts after his parents were killed. He had been pushed into the cemetery and raised there by a ghost couple and mentored by a vampire. Not that the book came out and said that the man was a vampire, but, well, he was. He had eventually gone to school with regular kids, but learned a special skill that allowed him to go unnoticed. He could blend into his surroundings and just not be noticed by his peers. People would remember that someone had been there, but be unable to clearly recall who. Sometimes that was how Jun felt, or maybe how he wished he was. It was a strange thing to go from that to “confident.”

That everyone would actually pitch in. That was the part that stuck out right away. He remembered that Leonie was an overachiever and probably did all the work when other people weren’t really interested in pulling their own weight. It was still a shame.

I think people who drag their feet with school work won’t find any of this all that fun just because they have to do it. I think that anyway, but I could be wrong. I try to get my assignments done in a timely fashion. It leaves time for sleeping, and outdoors.” He watched her carefully working and felt a bit like he was taking advantage of her right now, even though she was offering, “I can take over again anytime.
PM
^
Leonie Page
 Posted: Jul 2 2016, 04:07 PM
Ara is N/A

New Athens
Fifteen years old
Female
Second Year
240 posts

Leonie let out a small meep noise when Junsu reminded her that he could take a turn on his own project. She chuckled to herself before handing the brush to him and stepping aside. "My bad. I got a little overly into painting my piece," she shrugged a tiny shrug and clasped her hands behind her back.

"Anyway, yeah the outdoors is pretty nice. I get a lot of time outdoors for my job. It's less pleasant in the winter but if you dress right it all works out fine." Napping she didn't do, but that went without saying. She'd napped only a few times in the past several years and each time had been either because she was sick or because she was way overly tired and needed it to function.

She didn't give Junsu advice on his painting; she'd followed his to the letter since it was his project, and just because she felt a little invested in it for having been allowed to help didn't mean she needed any say in it. She did think that he was better at painting than her, still.

"Do you like music?"
Leonie asked as Junsu painted. They were in a secluded part of the schoolyard, so it didn't matter if there was a bit of noise being made. "I was just trying out some new songs when I saw you, courtesy of my friend, Ziri, that I'd told you about before."

--------------------
PM
^
Junsu Park
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 12:59 AM
N/A is N/A

N/A
Seventeen years old
Male
Second Year
40 posts

That’s alright. Its good that you can get invested in things.” did that speak volumes about Junsu? Maybe. Oh well. He had to think less about all of that, or else he would stop talking entirely. “You’ve got a lot more passion than I’m used to seeing.” Bora was passionate. Passionate about her children, and about being alive, until she wasn’t. Maybe that was why Junsu didn’t really strain himself to be around passionate people. There were some downsides.

Dressing appropriately for the weather sort of went without saying, although there was nothing particularly bad about saying that. Cold was unpleasant but could be managed, that was what Jun gathered from her statement.

Do you like music?

That was almost an absurd question. Didn’t everyone like music? It was just a matter of what music they liked. Except no. Maybe not. “Some. I don’t really listen to much music. So, what is the song like?” He was curious what sort of music Leonie would like. He expected something upbeat and energized, but he supposed he could see her liking something soft and melodic. She just seemed so full of life, but also so sweet. Then again, people didn’t have to only like music based on their personality. He was pretty curious though now, and his eyes stayed longer on Leonie as he painted to see what she would say.
PM
^
Leonie Page
 Posted: Jul 21 2016, 11:08 PM
Ara is N/A

New Athens
Fifteen years old
Female
Second Year
240 posts

"Well, my parents have always been passionate about what they do. Mom likes making people feel better, being a doctor and all, and Dad is like, well he's one of the scientists on campus that you may or may not know, and he really likes to help psions like us understand our abilities so we're not afraid of them - and to learn about psions at the same time." Leonie shrugged. "I guess I kind of inherited it. I don't exactly think about that fact... I'm just kind of surprised when people aren't passionate about... something, you know?"

Leonie poked at her music player as she handed one of the earbuds to Junsu. He was curious what the song she had in mind was like. "Well, upbeat. I don't know if you're into songs about relationships or anything, but it's no secret I'm... well I've been known to practically drool over a boy or two if I'm completely honest with you. Not so much lately, but you know." She shrugged yet again - it was apparently one of her favorite things to do when she was feeling self-conscious but not especially nervous. "Anyway, it's happy, which I am for once lately, so I've kinda been listening to it and songs like it and occasionally doing stupid little dances when I don't think anyone is looking."

--------------------
PM
^
Junsu Park
 Posted: Aug 17 2016, 12:48 PM
N/A is N/A

N/A
Seventeen years old
Male
Second Year
40 posts

Leonie somehow managed to be so opposite of Jun, despite them getting along. She was close to, and had, family. She was outgoing. It might not sound like a lot, and since he didn’t know her very well he couldn’t make a list, but those were pretty important. She justified her enthusiasm by bringing up her parents. Apparently Jun might have met her dad. “Well, not that I know of. Have you ever taken a class from him?” Was that a conflict of interests? Some businesses would not let you work with family, or have your significant other be in a position of potentially abused authority, but school was more relaxed. Jun would have been extra awkward if he actually did have a class with the man currently. Oh yeah, your daughter is nice. Pay no mind to me. No special attention, definitely pretend I don’t know her, or even pretend I’m not there. That might be best for everyone.

It was hard for Leonie to understand dispassionate people. It sounded like it came very second nature to her, and as he’d thought before, things outside of her world view sometimes sounded unthinkable. Like morning people. Or not morning people. Or basically everyone to some degree. Leonie asked if Jun liked relationship songs, and admitted that she was apparently a bit boy crazy. Why did that sound so awkward to him? It didn’t affect him, of course, but he still felt it for some reason.

So its kind of a pick me up song?” If it was a song about being in some sort of relationship, and Leonie sounded single, maybe it was a song about self-relationships. That would make sense, but he was likely just thinking about it too hard. “So, uh, your friend, a musician?” he couldn’t remember if she’d told him, but he had favorable odds of not sounding like an oblivious idiot.
PM
^
Leonie Page
 Posted: Aug 21 2016, 12:01 PM
Ara is N/A

New Athens
Fifteen years old
Female
Second Year
240 posts

"Oh, Dad's a good teacher but that's not really his job here," Leonie corrected gently, watching Junsu idly while waiting to be ready to start the song. She put one hand in her pocket while the other held onto the music player, leaning on the nearby wall. "He's pretty much a full-time researcher. The school employs people to help us all understand ourselves a little better. I guess you could say I learned how to control my abilities from him, though."

She looked down at the music player in thought. "Yeah, it's kind of a pick-me-up song you could say that." she chuckled. She didn't much care to listen to sad relationship songs and Ziri knew that. "Ziri's been known to throw together some music with her computer stuff. Instruments aren't digital enough for her." She had hit the play button but continued talking. "I play the guitar some though. I'm getting back into it again after taking more of a break than I should have."

--------------------
PM
^
Junsu Park
 Posted: Aug 25 2016, 12:29 PM
N/A is N/A

N/A
Seventeen years old
Male
Second Year
40 posts

Apparently her father wasn’t a teacher, he was a researcher. “Oh.” Jun left it at that. It was better than trying to pick up where he left off and sort out if he was going to make any more incorrect observations. No, better to just nod and accept it. He was a full time researcher. It sounded interesting. Jun wasn’t sure what he wanted to do with his life when he got out of here, if anything. If he ever got out of here. Whatever here was. School? Parole? Right, it was something, but once he was out, he really didn’t know what he planned to do. The idea of researching things felt like a good thing. He probably wasn’t up to the task, but it seemed like he could spend less time with people that way. Maybe he was geared toward being an entertainer, but he didn’t have it in him. Maybe if he was a therapist he could use illusions to help people remember images, see things they had to cope with. It might actually be good, if he could deal with all the education and the people.

Apparently Ziri liked digital music, but Leonie played the guitar some. “Either of those are cool. I’m not good with any of it. But…” Hm. Too much information, and he hadn’t even spoken yet. “I suppose I find entertainment a noble goal. Whether entertaining yourself, or everybody, or just some group. I think I think about everything too hard, but its cool. Maybe someday she could put some of your guitar playing in a song, unless it still wasn’t digital enough with everything else.
PM
^
Leonie Page
 Posted: Sep 16 2016, 10:50 AM
Ara is N/A

New Athens
Fifteen years old
Female
Second Year
240 posts

Leonie shook her head at the thought of not thinking of things too hard. It was hard to be overly productive compared to other people if you didn't think too hard. She supposed it was probably why she was how she was. Junsu took the overthinking in a different direction, but that was okay too. If there was one thing Leonie had learned, different ways of doing things weren't bad, they just weren't for everybody. "Hm, I could propose that to her..." Leonie nodded with a curious look on her face. She was sure Ziri would jump at the chance to do something with her. She'd probably do it even if it made something sound horrible. "Though, she doesn't really do it as a hobby, she's just done it to see if she could."

"You know, I've never thought of being an entertainer. Honestly, I doubt I'm good enough, but like, in my mind I've never thought of that. I've thought of doctor like my Mom, or scientist like my Dad, or even some sort of police work just to use my abilities to keep people safe. But never like... Leonie Page: Pro guitar player."

--------------------
PM
^
Junsu Park
 Posted: Sep 20 2016, 02:01 PM
N/A is N/A

N/A
Seventeen years old
Male
Second Year
40 posts

Suggesting things was not especially common for Jun. Suggesting things meant giving your opinion and asking for someone to take it on board. It was a good chance to be rejected, and he could also feel like he was imposing on someone, which he didn’t want to do. The idea of suggesting something for a person he’d never actually met was all the more uncomfortable. He had noticed that Leonie was really quite open minded and understanding, so he didn’t think she would hold anything against him. So he suggested that maybe her friend could put some of Leonie’s guitar playing in her music. She could, so maybe she would, he wasn’t sure. Although it apparently wasn’t actually Ziri’s hobby, she just did it. “Well, if she likes it enough, it could become a hobby. Maybe, maybe not.

Jun chuckled when Leonie said she never thought about being an entertainer. She wouldn’t be good at it, maybe. Maybe. “Well… you don’t have to be a musician to be an entertainer… but you definitely strike me as someone who could be an entertainer. Or a guidance counselor… or the police work too, yeah. I mean, you seem to want to help people. You’re… trustworthy and… comforting, so you have a lot of things you’d suit. At least how I see it.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Cbox Rules
PG-13 environment
No excessive language
No spamming
No advertising
Sister Sites
Affiliates
image Rise of the Believers Yuri Roleplay image Reach for the Sky
Scarlet Night image Prisoners of Fate Sengoku Horizon Love Hina Generation Pokemon: Forever Forgotten
FF:Adventu Trust No One image image image a resource community Distant Fantasies

Affiliate Box By Invisionation
Scrolling

image image image image image image image image image image

Skinned exclusively for Speed of Thought. CFS Script by Black @ Code. Highlight All Script by Jawn @ BTN.