News
The current timeframe is SUMMER 2093!

The site is currently only open to current members. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Staff
Census
1st Years2
2nd Years3
3rd Years9
4th Years4
Others6
13Males
12Females

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Fuming, Tag: Leonie
Junsu Park
 Posted: Apr 13 2016, 04:03 AM
N/A is N/A

N/A
Seventeen years old
Male
Second Year
40 posts

Junsu ran his fingers through his hair a few times as he looked in the mirror. His roommate was lying on his bed reading a book. The room was quiet except for the occasional fluttering of a turned page and a single sigh from Jun when he decided to leave his hair alone. It was fine. It was not going to look any different if he kept fussing about it. Jun grabbed a short sleeved black and white checkered button down shirt and slipped it on over his plain forest green shirt. He’d already gone to all of his classes that day and changed into his jeans and sneakers. The jeans had noticeable wear at the hemlines and looked like one of the knees was planning to officially tear open soon. They were comfortable jeans and he didn’t mind wearing them. It wasn’t like anyone was going to tell him not to.

Jun picked up a box and headed out the door. The “box” was actually a wooden chest. The top had not been screwed on yet, and the wood was exceptionally plain. There was a plastic bag inside it that contained some small paint cans, spray paint, a couple a sponge brush, a painting brush, and a few other things. He wasn’t going to try to paint in his dorm room. It was stupid to do that. He would get it all over their things, it would bother his roommate, and the fumes would be awful inside. Maybe if it was just a delicate paint job he would have stayed, or found a place inside, but since he knew he would be spray painting a bit, he went to find a secluded place outside. Jun was satisfied with a place behind one of the buildings and obscured by a tree and a few bushes. Someone would have to get fairly close to know what he was doing, and couldn’t be too far and still be able to see him at all. Sure someone might come by, but it was enough of an insurance policy that Jun wouldn’t bother worrying about it. He put out a small tarp and began working on a base coat.
PM
^
Leonie Page
 Posted: Apr 13 2016, 10:16 AM
Ara is N/A

New Athens
Fifteen years old
Female
Second Year
240 posts

Leonie was in high spirits for once. The reason for that was actually pretty simple - her father had come back to work at last, not to mention VALIANT had caught the guy that had hurt her father and he was going to be questioned. She still couldn't directly be a part of it, but she trusted the people she'd asked to handle it and keep her updated. It was after class, and while she didn't exactly feel like running around town today, she did feel like spending some time outside - dorms were small, after all, and it was spring.

She planned to go see her father later in the day and see how he was getting on, but he had already gotten onto her for being too worried about him; he was fine, after all. He would say 'better than ever,' whatever that really meant. For now though, Leonie was just walking around campus on her own, listening to some music and taking in the fresh spring air. She had on an unusually pink button-down blouse with the sleeves rolled up - it had been a gift from someone who didn't know she wasn't a big fan of pink, but she still appreciated it enough to at least wear it some. A lot of students weren't exactly rolling in cash to spend on other people. Her hair was down as well, going down to about her shoulders with a slight curl at the end - it was a bit wavier than normal as well. She was wearing a simple pair of nice jeans. They were fitted, but not too tight. Around her left wrist was a black bracelet.

Leonie bobbed her head back and forth to the music - it was some rather peppy stuff from some currently popular artists. She couldn't have told someone their names if they asked, but she could say whether or not she liked the new music. In all honesty, while styles changed every few years and had done so since the start of music, one could always find something they liked from any era.

The brunette wandered right past Junsu at first without even noticing him. It probably didn't help that there was her music or that her eyes had been closed as she bobbed around there for a moment, probably looking stupid to the only other person in view. She stopped and took out her music player. One earbud fell out of an ear, but she didn't care since she was still looking through songs to try.

--------------------
PM
^
Junsu Park
 Posted: May 4 2016, 07:12 PM
N/A is N/A

N/A
Seventeen years old
Male
Second Year
40 posts

High spirits were something reserved for only the most loose of people. The word loose being used in a completely positive way. As if a person could live their life in the relaxation that protected them from tension and hurt. When a big scare was coming the natural response was to tense up and recoil away from it, but you could also avoid the jolt by being too loose to tense up in a reactionary way. Jun was inclined to tensing up and shielding himself, but there were some people who could really ride through things no worse for wear. That was being loose, and he was not it, but he saw it, from time to time. It was not without worry, but it was more than he could stake claim to.

Jun was content to do his work at the right pace and found himself probably more relaxed than he had been earlier that day in class. It wasn’t as if he had endured a bad day. He just felt a bit less scrutinized. That was the initial feeling anyway. Then there was a young woman bopping around and his reaction quickly shifted two gears. He went from a state of moderate calm to alarm and tension, and finally shifted into the rusty gear of almost pleased surprise. He hadn’t expected to see Leonie, but he had set himself up before so that he really ought to be friendly now. She’d bought him a drink, after all.

She did not seem to notice him first, but when she did, she stopped, and seemed to be waiting. Maybe? Or maybe not? Was he paranoid? Would she care? It wasn’t like someone else was really around. He should say hi. He was starting to psych himself out. “Uh, hi,” he said, looking a bit more quickly between her and his project. “What’s up?” It sounded so misleadingly casual.
PM
^
Leonie Page
 Posted: May 6 2016, 07:32 PM
Ara is N/A

New Athens
Fifteen years old
Female
Second Year
240 posts

Leonie paused and looked around when she heard a voice call out to her. She hadn't expected to run into anyone. Then again, Leonie did know a lot of people so it wasn't like it was that unusual; she'd just been left to her own thoughts for a bit and thus the expectation was not really there. She lit up when she saw Junsu, though. "Hey," she stated, her own tone equally too casual for what she meant. She cleared her throat awkwardly, her fist to her mouth to cover it when she did.

"I didn't expect to find you uh..." she looked around to see exactly where she was, "here." Then again one didn't really expect to find anyone in an out of the way place. He must have been trying to find some solitude for whatever he was doing. "Nice to see you again, Junsu," she grinned, giving him a small wave. She had positive feelings for the guy. She was pretty sure she didn't 'like' him or anything, but it was still a bit awkward like she felt when she did like someone (though less intense and with only half as much overthinking and under-performing socially speaking). Maybe since she was so caught off guard. Leonie took the headphones out of both ears and shoved them in her pocket.

--------------------
PM
^
Junsu Park
 Posted: May 7 2016, 01:21 AM
N/A is N/A

N/A
Seventeen years old
Male
Second Year
40 posts

It would appear that Leonie had not realized Junsu was there before he spoke. So could he have just avoided the whole encounter by being a bit quieter? No, this was fine. She was nice, and he was fine. It was not as if he was a child and could not handle himself in a social situation. As he had… not proven in previous encounters, he could interact with other people just fine. He probably could not say that he was capable of something if he never really proved it. He could fly, he swore, he just never… ever did. No, life didn’t work that way. He would be fine. He knew he could interact, and he was not a kid, so this was fine. She did seem happy when she noticed him, so that was a plus.

She didn’t expect to find him here. Here? Was here somewhere relevant? It just seemed like a random place, but perhaps that was what she meant. She said that it was nice to see him. He felt his expression turn naturally to a smile. Nothing he had to put on just to show he had good intentions, or be polite. This was accomplished without conscious effort. He continued the minor movements with his hand to continue his homework progress, but gave her, for the moment, most of his attention.

Nice to see you too.” Had he said that? He wasn’t sure. Didn’t matter. Move on. “So, uh… what are you doing about?
PM
^
Leonie Page
 Posted: May 8 2016, 09:46 PM
Ara is N/A

New Athens
Fifteen years old
Female
Second Year
240 posts

Leonie was actually kind of glad to see Junsu. She'd been in a pretty bad mood thanks to her father being in the hospital and his attacker being on the loose. She'd managed pretty well, but the brunette felt like she could have done better as far as first impressions went. At the very least she could have been more aware and less of a burden to need saved and all that. "Actually I'm just kinda wandering," she admitted, looking passively amused.

"I had some spare time and decided to actually use it to relax and stuff. Apparently I happened to wander to an out of the way little spot that you were in. It's a nice little coincidence. I'd been hoping I'd see you again sooner rather than later." After ll, the more time that passed the less familiar one felt with someone else, especially if they weren't the best of friends to begin with.

"So what about you? Were you hoping for some quiet time or something?" she asked, not really trying to intrude into his business without invitation; she didn't look around to see what it was in case he would rather be vague or just not answer. "I didn't mean to intrude or anything."

--------------------
PM
^
Junsu Park
 Posted: May 15 2016, 09:57 PM
N/A is N/A

N/A
Seventeen years old
Male
Second Year
40 posts

Jun didn’t think Leonie had handled their previous social interaction poorly. She seemed pretty good at it, honesty, but he wasn’t the best judge. Even if his judgment was poor, it still meant that he wasn’t going to be holding it against her. She did fine, and now she was here, and Jun was a bit more laid back feeling as well. She was just wondering, she told him. Well that was good, right? Wandering meant she had nothing pressing at the moment. She didn’t sound like she was avoiding some big problem, so it wasn’t escaping, or pacing. Just wondering. She didn’t seem like she was lost, emotionally or physically, so… he would call it good.

It’s a nice little coincidence?

Is it?” Jun asked with a slightly crooked smile. Right, pause, no, don’t act weird. It was just… it was different for someone to say that it was nice to run into him. It never happened. It was cool though, mostly. So what about him? Was he hoping for quiet time? Well, clearly. That was why he had come and set himself up so far out here. He and his crooked smile turned back more to his work as he did every few seconds at least. His eyes were not darting back and forth, but he was glancing back to her as he kept busy.

Its alright,” he assured her. Whether he sounded particularly assuring or not he didn’t know, but he was sincere, and it [/i]was[/i] fine. He ought to say more. “Some company is fine by me.” Meaning her, basically.
PM
^
Leonie Page
 Posted: May 19 2016, 07:30 PM
Ara is N/A

New Athens
Fifteen years old
Female
Second Year
240 posts

Leonie grinned when she was told that Junsu didn't mind company. She hadn't really expected to give anyone company but, she couldn't say she minded it. Leonie was a reasonably social girl after all. She moved closer to Junsu and put her music player away. "So what have you been up to since we met last time?"

She wondered what sort of stuff Junsu got up to. He was kind of mysterious, all things considered. She had managed to go an entire year without even knowing he existed, whether he'd meant for her to or not. "I've been slacking a bit, myself. The weather's been nice."

Wow was she actually talking about the weather? Ugh, she needed more things to talk about. "Anyway, for more exciting conversation, I mean, if you're into it at all, I've been watching where I was going more. I know it's not the best indicator since I didn't notice you off in this corner or anything, but I totally haven't walked into a road without looking both ways."

She felt like that was an improvement. At the very least, Junsu should approve. it proved that his own efforts weren't in vain - even with the free drink he'd received as thanks.

--------------------
PM
^
Junsu Park
 Posted: May 21 2016, 01:12 PM
N/A is N/A

N/A
Seventeen years old
Male
Second Year
40 posts

Leonie probably kept people company a lot more than she expected to. Partially that was logical, and partially not. Of course she saw so many people it would be more than expected, but at the same time, pattern recognition was a thing. It wasn’t very complicated, and she’d just been on a walk, but here they were. Normal or not, it wasn’t changing their location.

So what had he been up to since they met? Nothing interesting. Really. “Just… uh, regular school things. Studying, homework, all that.” And rock climbing, and taking walks, but that was also nothing new or interesting. He enjoyed his free time, mostly, but that didn’t mean it was anything to, as they said, write home about. She had been slacking, hm? Did she have a training regiment? He knew the group she ran with, but he didn’t know what to her would qualify as slacking.

Jun chuckled a little when Leonie remarked that she hadn’t been walking into roads unaware, “I’m glad to hear that. I… I would hate for you to get hurt or anything, you know?” No offhand comment about it undoing his efforts. He wasn’t like that. “So… what exactly qualifies as… I guess, not slacking off, for you?
PM
^
Leonie Page
 Posted: May 23 2016, 10:55 AM
Ara is N/A

New Athens
Fifteen years old
Female
Second Year
240 posts

Regular school things was somehow a mix of vague, standard, and relatively informative sort of answer. It wasn't that students didn't do different things. It was just that they did enough similar things in high school that one could infer quite a few things that were probably rather accurate, so long as one wasn't one of those delusional high schoolers who thought life was a party or something. "I can respect that," she chimed in with a small grin. "Just as long as you aren't working as hard as me. I suspect you'd be pretty unhappy if you tried to overwork yourself that much."

Junsu was glad to hear that Leonie hadn't been run over. It was probably rather obvious by her relatively unflattened appearance, combined with the fact that she was rather alive and all, and not inside the hospital. "What's not slacking off? Uh, probably doing all my stuff. Sports, VALIANT stuff, school, all that stuff." Basically staying caught up. That was what she was trying to say. Leonie chuckled and moved a comfortable distance from Junsu before finding a seat for herself. "Don't worry though, I'm trying to teach myself it's not bad to slack off some. I learned a bit from all my worrying when Dad was in the hospital, you know."

--------------------
PM
^
Junsu Park
 Posted: Jun 1 2016, 06:31 PM
N/A is N/A

N/A
Seventeen years old
Male
Second Year
40 posts

Just as long as you aren’t working as hard as me, I suspect you’d be pretty unhappy if you tried to overwork yourself that much.

Makes it seem like anyone would be unhappy being that overworked,” Jun said lightly. He didn’t want to judge, or to make accusations or assumptions. It only seemed like if she thought that he would be unhappy, she might also. He kept most of that to himself because he didn’t want it to sound like he thought she was saying he just couldn’t handle as much as she could. He was probably overthinking socialization a lot, but oh well.

Leonie had apparently learned a bit about “slacking off” because of worrying when her Dad was in the hospital. “I think… most people probably call that giving themselves a bit of space to breath. Not slacking… but I guess that shows your mindset is very busy… not in a bad way, just… it just seems busy, that’s all,” he said with a shrug that came from worrying a bit too much. Honestly she probably wouldn’t take offense, right? That was the mentality. She wouldn’t think that being busy was a bad thing because she thought of taking a break as light slacking. It made sense.
PM
^
Leonie Page
 Posted: Jun 3 2016, 07:30 PM
Ara is N/A

New Athens
Fifteen years old
Female
Second Year
240 posts

Leonie supposed her mindset really was quite busy compared to other people. She enjoyed making people happy, plus in her mind she did have to go and be a good example of what a psion like her could be. Doing normal things and helping people just seemed like the logical way to convince people she was just as human as anyone else, which would only reflect better on people like her. She actually kind of wondered if it wasn't stupid to think like that. Maybe it wouldn't really work. Maybe it wasn't her place. But at the same time she did want to try.

"I dunno, maybe it is in a bad way. I admit I've been a bit happier since dad got better and I've had time to hang out with one of my friends a bit more. I guess ever since I started coming here I just wanted to not waste opportunities, you know?" she shrugged. "Maybe I'm wasting other ones? Like standing around and talking to you?" That was a novel thought. She'd have never met Junsu if she had been doing what she normally did. At least, it would have been a lot less likely.

--------------------
PM
^
Junsu Park
 Posted: Jun 4 2016, 01:50 PM
N/A is N/A

N/A
Seventeen years old
Male
Second Year
40 posts

“Doing normal things” could be considered the same thing as doing all the things ever, sure, but most people didn’t think that way. Or, maybe they did. Jun had to keep remembering that he was so very not the norm. He had been kind of normal way back when, right? What was normal, exactly? It was probably just whatever the majority of people could relate to, and he supposed he didn’t even know what the majority of people were probably like. He should stop thinking about this so hard. Leonie happened to be quite weird in his life. Someone who, even though it was still new, he put some energy into being likeable with. She was just so beyond foreign. Maybe if he’d met someone a bit more what he assumed was normal he would be less interested in being friendly. Maybe that was his problem.

Leonie expressed that she did not want to waste opportunities here, and that made perfect sense to Junsu. Not something he could perfectly relate to, but something he could definitely see and rationalize. Then she said she might be wasting other opportunities, like talking to him. Jun laughed, which hadn’t been intentional, so he put a knuckle to his mouth to try to immediately quiet what he felt probably seemed rude. He brushed a bit of the paint from his sponge brush against his cheek and went to wipe that off with his other hand. He might have been blushing by then at the whole reaction, but she probably wasn’t close enough to notice much of that.

Right, uh… that’s… I mean, I guess all things are opportunities, just if you want them or not. I’m not sure talking to me is really worth giving up all the other things you are wanting to do, but sorry for laughing. It uh, just struck me as… different.” He cleared his throat a bit after that and resisted looking over at her to see what he reaction had been.
PM
^
Leonie Page
 Posted: Jun 5 2016, 12:03 AM
Ara is N/A

New Athens
Fifteen years old
Female
Second Year
240 posts

Leonie just shrugged off Junsu's remark on him not being worth giving up some other opportunity. "I mean, I guess technically I might never know. But People are important and stuff, you know? And if I like running into you on occasion then I'd say it's worth whatever else I theoretically gave up."

She moved through the bushes to sit down next to where Junsu was and stretched before adjusting her shirt a bit. "Though I guess this isn't on occasion since it's only the second time. But so far I'd say that'd be fine too." Leonie was... probably a little bit overly sensitive about the things she said. Especially when she didn't know a guy that well. She had to go and way over-elaborate when normally she was perfectly fine, socially speaking.

"Anyway! what is it you're working on here?" Leonie had finally noticed Junsu's project. She wasn't sure if she would have thought of him as a painter or not, to be honest. Junsu was hard to read but easy to understand. Or maybe he wasn't. Maybe Leonie just thought so? She'd hate to make assumptions and be wrong. But meh, that wasn't important. He very clearly had a setup he'd gone and - oh. "Oh, er, if you're trying to keep it secret there's no need to explain. I didn't mean to pry more than I'm allowed."

--------------------
PM
^
Junsu Park
 Posted: Jun 13 2016, 11:03 AM
N/A is N/A

N/A
Seventeen years old
Male
Second Year
40 posts

You would know best,” Junsu said, deferring to Leonie’s judgment. He didn’t want to argue with her, and she would know better than he would whether something was important to her. It was kind of weird to think that anyone would care that much to spend time with him. It was weird to think of anyone actively wanting to see him at all. His roommate put up with Jun, yes, but that didn’t mean they were friends. They had a good camaraderie, in some sense, and that was enough. It was more than enough. He didn’t hate Jun, and Jun didn’t have to put up with feeling as uncomfortable in his dorm room as he could other places. That was a job though, it was an assignment, not a random encounter with a girl who was far too popular to be bored enough to want to talk to Jun.

Leonie did draw attention to the fact that this encounter was not “on occasion” since it was the second time they’d met. True. It was more socializing than he got with most people though, but that sounded kind of pitiful, so he didn’t say it. Well you’re nice, but he also kept that to himself, not wanting to say what sounded like it would make him look worse. She asked what he was working on and then asked if it was a secret.

Its not a secret,” he assured her, “Its just for a glass. I’m making a chest.” Why was he making a chest? Because… craftsmanship, he supposed. “Well, painting it, anyway. Not making it.” He was not a carpenter, after all. “You’re allowed to say anything you want, I don’t dictate what anyone can say. And… its fine.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Cbox Rules
PG-13 environment
No excessive language
No spamming
No advertising
Sister Sites
Affiliates
image Rise of the Believers Yuri Roleplay image Reach for the Sky
Scarlet Night image Prisoners of Fate Sengoku Horizon Love Hina Generation Pokemon: Forever Forgotten
FF:Adventu Trust No One image image image a resource community Distant Fantasies

Affiliate Box By Invisionation
Scrolling

image image image image image image image image image image

Skinned exclusively for Speed of Thought. CFS Script by Black @ Code. Highlight All Script by Jawn @ BTN.